September is national Workforce Development Month and to celebrate, workforce partners throughout Mesa County will be hosting a month full of workforce events. This month will highlight the innovative workforce development programs throughout Mesa County that are the result of the collaborative efforts of the Mesa County Workforce Center, School District 51, the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Mesa University, Western Colorado Community College and Mesa County Libraries.
Workforce Month activities will include:
• Tuesday, September 1st, Workforce Innovation Project Info Session, 10:00AM, Mesa County Workforce Center
• Wednesday, September 2nd Colorado Mesa University Fall Job Fair, 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
• Tuesday, September 8th GJ Chamber CareerLink Committee, 12:00 PM via Zoom
• Wednesday, September 9th Apprenticeship Readiness Program with the Building Trades,7:30 AM
• Wednesday, September 9th Top Transferable Skills to Help You Change Careers Webinar. 10:00 AM
• Wednesday, September 9th, Colorado Mesa University Virtual Job Fair via Handshake, 12:00-3:00 PM
• Monday, September 14th, Mesa County Workforce Development Month Proclamation, 9:00 AM
• Tuesday, September 15th, Veteran School at Work Class. 8:00 AM at the Mesa County Workforce Center
• Wednesday, September 16th, Effective Interviewing Tips Webinar, 10:00 AM
• Tuesday, September 22nd Workforce Development Board Meeting, 7:30 AM
• Wednesday, September 23rd, Targeting Your Resume to Stand Out from the Competition Webinar, 10:00 AM
• Wednesday, September 30th, LinkedIn Webinar, 10:00 AM
Join us in celebrating Workforce Month by taking a picture of your workforce (staff, employee of the month, intern or even an apprentice) that positively impacts your day to day operations and sharing it on social media with #mesacountyWORKStogether.
For a full list of events going on throughout the month of September, go to FindYourFuture.us.
For more information about Workforce Development Month and how you can get involved, contact Darcy Weir at email@example.com or 970-263-2916.