September is national Workforce Development Month and to celebrate, workforce partners throughout Mesa County will be hosting a month full of workforce events. This month will highlight the innovative workforce development programs throughout Mesa County that are the result of the collaborative efforts of the Mesa County Workforce Center, School District 51, the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Mesa University, CareerWise Colorado, Western Colorado Community College and Mesa County Libraries.
Workforce Month activities will include:
• Wednesday, September 4th: Colorado Mesa University Fall Job Fair 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
• Thursday, September 5th: Employer Webinar: Background Screening, Federal Bonding & Work Opportunity Tax Credit 10:30 AM-12:00 PM at the MC Workforce Center
• Tuesday, September 10th: CareerLink Committee at the GJACC at 12:00 PM
• Thursday, September 12th: Lunch and Learn: Uncovering a Hidden Talent Pool at the GJACC at 12:00 PM
• Monday, September 16th: GJACC Membership Lunch – Workforce Partnerships and the Programs Available 12 PM at the DoubleTree by Hilton
Young Entrepreneurs Academy Applications due
•Tuesday, September 17th: Western Colorado Construction Career Day 10:00 AM-1:30 PM at the MC Fairgrounds
• Wednesday, September 18: Ways to Find a Job-for Teens! 6:00-7:00 PM at Western Colorado Community College, Building BB, Rm 143
• Thursday, September 19th: Job Corps Career Fair & Expo 9:00 AM-3:00 PM at the MC Workforce Center
• Friday, September 20th: Intellitec & WFC Community Job Readiness Fair, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM at Intellitec’s Cosmetology location
• Monday, September 23rd: Job Fair Boot Camp 10:00 AM-12:00 PM at the MC Workforce Center
• Tuesday, September 24th: Mock Interviews 4:00-6:00 PM at the MC Central Library
• Tuesday, September 24th: WCAHEC Career Fair, 12:00-PM-2:00 PM at the MC Workforce Center
• Friday, September 27th: Camp Get-A-Job: Spin What You Did This Summer into Gold, 4:00-5:30 PM at the MC Central Library
• Monday, September 30th: CareerWise Ask an Apprentice Panel, 5:30-6:30 PM at the GJHS Library
Join us in celebrating Workforce Month by taking a picture of your workforce (staff, employee of the month, intern or even an apprentice) that positively impacts your day to day operations and sharing it on social media with #mesacountyWORKStogether.
For more information about Workforce Month, contact Darcy Weir at email@example.com or 970-263-2916.
Click here to download the full version of the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce September 2019 Newsletter.