ASSISTANCE FOR OUR LOCAL BUSINESS COMMUNITY
The Mesa County COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant was created in partnership with our local Enterprise Zone in an effort to support small businesses located in Mesa County who have been negatively impacted by the recent pandemic. With over 71% of local businesses reporting economic challenges posed by COVID-19, this fund is designed to act as a resource for those local businesses who are in need of assistance.
This grant program is for businesses located within Mesa County. This program allows applicants to use funds to assist with expenses related to critical operation such as mortgage and lease payments, software subscriptions, insurance premiums, and more.
Am I eligible?
Applicant has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicant must have been open as of March 1, 2020 with a physical address within the Mesa County Enterprise Zone.
Applicant applying for the funding must be a small business with less than 25 full-time employees and have local ownership.
Applicant must be in good standing with the City of Grand Junction and Colorado Secretary of State.
What can I use the funds for?
The activities of this Project will be focused on helping small business impacted by COVID-19, including activities to keep the business in business and staff employed, as well as helping businesses which are forced to close to get reopened and re-hire employees.
These efforts will include, but not be limited to:
- Funds may be used to pay rent/lease payments.
- Funds may be used to pay mortgage payments.
- Fund may be used to pay software subscription costs for point of sale systems and/or software that is critical to the ongoing operation of the business.
- Funds may be used to pay insurance premiums.
- Funds may be used to pay benefit continuation payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get my money?
- Approved grant funding will be awarded within 21 days of properly submitted application and documentation.
Who evaluates the applications?
- A selected committee of business leaders with expertise in finance, legal, and small business operations will review and evaluate the applications.
What is the maximum I can receive?
Do I have to pay it back?
- No this is strictly a grant program, funds will not need to be repaid provided proper documentation is submitted verifying that funds were used for the purposes outlined in the grant application. Failure to do so will require repayment of the funds.
Will this impact my ability to receive other assistance?
Can I apply more than once?
- Affected businesses may apply only once per calendar year.