Through our Business Retention & Expansion program here at the Chamber we have worked with local partners to provide a solution to the hiring and retaining a skilled workforce in the manufacturing industry. The Chamber, in partnership with The Business Incubator Center and Mesa County Workforce Center, continues to work together to offer The Workforce Innovation Project (WIP).
Workforce Innovation Program Details
What is the Workforce Innovation Project?
This program is a 12-week short term training program. Many companies gave strategic input on their largest needs and the skill sets employees MUST have. This feedback was taken and developed with the help of a software program, 180 Skills. The WIP is designed to be adaptable to the needs of businesses and students. Along with the online portion of this program, an instructor was put into place to answer questions and lead students in hands on applications with actual machines in a lab type setting. Students must pass each exam with a 100% to continue on, ensuring ultimate competency in each knowledge area.
WIP training is grant-funded and FREE to companies and participants.
What will I learn in this program?
The 12-week program includes the following courses:
- Career Building Skills such as networking, personal branding, and career exploration
- Communication Skills including verbal, written, listening, and conflict resolution
- Customer Service Skills focused on relationships, diversity, and complaint management
- Lean Manufacturing Skills
- Additional Skills Courses Include Mathematics, Microsoft Office, Finance, Team Building, Time Management, and Health and Safety.
Hands-on training is also part of this program and will include:
- Precision Measuring Instruments
- CNC Vertical Milling
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting & Engraving
- Microcontrollers (Electronics & Programming)
When is the next class?
The next cohort applications are currently open and the class begins on September 15th. Interested in applying? Please fill out the form below.