Business Growth and Development Manager
Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job title Business Growth and Development Manager
Reports to President/CEO
The Business Growth and Development Manager will facilitate business investment and job creation through a data-driven process. This role manages, coordinates and implements programs and projects that support the retention and expansion of local firms within Mesa County, with a focus on those in target growth or at-risk industries. They will also act as support for the Chamber’s Governmental Affairs programs and Accounting Manager.
This is an exempt fulltime position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Visit between five and seven businesses a week and gather intelligence on the business along with identifying barriers to growth
- Record information on the current state of each business contacted along with key issues in a format that can be shared with other economic development partners
- Provide Project Management services to businesses and prospects regarding business expansion in the Grand Valley utilizing the support of the Chamber CEO and other economic development partners.
- Represent the communities of the county in presentations to private industry, and market the region as an area favorable for business expansion
- Provide information, and/or make presentations to elected officials, boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses and individuals in the general public regarding economic development issues, programs, services, and plans
- Provide other support functions as required in order to meet the goals of retaining existing businesses and assisting them grow and be successful in Mesa County
- Work alongside the President & CEO to advance advocacy efforts at the local, state, and federal level that impact the sustainability of economic prosperity in Mesa County.
- Operate as the Accounting Manager, responsible for oversight of accounting for the
Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce and all of its associated non-profit partners it currently acts as fiscal agent for.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with specialization in any of the following areas: community/economic development, political science or business.
- At least 3 years of related work experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business development, factors affecting business and community vitality and community and economic development.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, and various other related software.
- Proficient in social media applications for business & promotion. (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn,)
- Proven organizational abilities and time-management skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and formulate a course of action.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and materials.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, when interacting with groups and individuals, state and federal agency representatives and legislative bodies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- This position will involve primarily working indoors
- Work will be conducted within the constraints of frequent interruptions
- Travel is often required but is primarily limited to the Grand Valley
- Early morning and evening hours are likely to be required on occasion
- Lift, carry, push, and pull: The individual in this position normally lifts and carries objects not weighing more than 25 pounds, generally files or small office supplies and equipment.
- See and hear: Must have adequate visual acuity to translate information into the computer and complete manual documentation, this required on an almost continual basis. Must have adequate auditory abilities to respond to staff and visitors
Salary Range: $52,000 to $68,000
Updated January 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Junction, CO 81501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)