September is national Workforce Month and to celebrate, workforce partners throughout Mesa County will be hosting a Workforce Week. This week will highlight the innovative workforce development programs throughout Mesa County that are the result of the collaborative efforts of the Mesa County Workforce Center, School District 51, the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Mesa University, CareerWise Colorado, Western Colorado Community College and Mesa County Libraries.
Workforce Week activities will include:
- Wednesday, September 5th, Colorado Mesa University Fall Job Fair 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
- Thursday, September 6th, Mesa County Workforce Development Luncheon featuring State Demographer Elizabeth Garner, 12:00-1:30 PM
- Friday, September 7th, D51 Career Center Tours 8:30 AM, 10:00 AM, and 12:45 PM (RSVPs Appreciated – contact Zandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254-600 and speak to Zandy to reserve your spot).
- Monday, September 10th, Mock Interviews at Mesa County Libraries Central Library 9:30 AM- 1:00 PM (contact IkeRakiecki, Librarian for Mesa County Libraries 970-683-2449 email@example.com)
- Tuesday, September 11th, CareerLink Committee Meeting at the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce at 12:00 PM and CareerWise Colorado Site Visit at the Doubletree/Hilton 7:30 AM (see local youth apprenticeships in action)
- Wednesday, September 12th, Western Colorado Community College Campus Tours from 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM and Open House 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Join us in celebrating Workforce Week by taking a picture of your workforce (staff, employee of the month, intern or even an apprentice) that positively impacts your day to day operations, and sharing it on social media with #mesacountyWORKStogether.
For more information about Workforce Week and how you can get involved, contact Darcy Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-263-2916.