The battle lines have been drawn and the droids are fired up! The 2016 Chamber Business Plan is a well-coordinated attack on the factors that are keeping the local economy and local businesses from being more successful. The major goals are:
- Develop a skilled workforce that meets the current and future needs of employers by working collaboratively with education, industry partners and businesses
- Promote a Strong Local Economy by Instituting a Robust Retention/Expansion Program and Supporting Business Development Partners
- Voice Business Needs and Advocate for Stronger Business Climate in the Legislative and Regulatory Arenas at All Levels of Government
- Actively Work to Ensure the Business Infrastructure is in Place to Encourage Business Growth
Offer Direct Benefits to Members That Will Strengthen Their Individual Businesses
- Ensure the Sustainability of the Chamber in Order to Continue Serving Area Businesses
There are tactics to accompany each of these goals and committees or task forces assigned to ensure that the tactics are implemented. Each quarter the Chamber will report the progress on each of these goals to the membership at large via the Chamber newsletter and other communication vehicles. For a copy of the complete business plan, visit the Chamber website, www.gjchamber.org.
Click here to download full version of the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce January 2016 Newsletter.