Arguably the largest bottleneck and most challenging aspect when running a business is hiring and retaining a skilled workforce. With our current, difficult employment atmosphere and increasing technology needs within business, this gap is widening further. The Chamber, in partnership with The Business Incubator Center and Mesa County Workforce Center, are excited to continuing collaborating on The Workforce Innovation Project (WIP). The WIP training is grant-funded, FREE to companies and participants, and the next 12-week short-term training program begins June 15, 2022.
Important skills covered in the course include:
- Career Building Skills such as networking, personal branding, and career exploration
- Communication Skills including verbal, written, listening, and conflict resolution
- Customer Service Skills focused on relationships, diversity, and complaint management
- Lean Manufacturing Skills
- Additional Skills Courses Include Mathematics, Microsoft Office, Finance, Team Building, Time Management, and Health and Safety
Hands-on training will be provided in these disciplines:
- Precision Measuring Instruments
- CNC Vertical Milling
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting & Engraving
- Microcontrollers (Electronics & Programming)
For more information on this program and to sign up, please contact Wayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.