Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses and communities across the country. Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to taking this one step further and supporting Small Business Season. We are helping to shift the culture in our area from a simple “one and done” day of shopping to a broader way of supporting our small businesses all through the holiday season and beyond.
Whether you are a local restaurant, shop, or service provider, we are encouraging our community to support our local businesses! Here are some strategies to help you be successful this season.
First, let’s get social!
- Build up your audience this month and let them know you have something GREAT coming in November for the Saturday after Black Friday and all season long!
- Share the Grand Junction Chamber’s upcoming Small Business Season Campaign on your own Facebook account. We will be highlighting small business stories, facts, and information to help support our local small businesses to all of our followers.
Second, we have applied to be a Neighborhood Champion again with the AM EX #ShopSmall Campaign, so keep an eye out for the materials they send us that you can use to put up in your windows. Be sure to get your business registered on the #ShopSmall map and more here: www.americanexpress.com/us/merchant/shop-small.html
Third, plan the deals you want to offer.
- Many shoppers look for deals this time of year, so be sure to strategically think of some offers that will get them through that door!
- Keep in mind your brand and the personal experience you offer – it doesn’t always have to cost you a lot of money.
- Start spreading the word now to your loyal customers.
Overall, keep in mind that what small businesses have come down to memorable experiences – staff that is intimately involved in the sale, people they’ll get to know, like, and trust, and a story that they can relate to. Cheers to a wonderful Small Business Season!